We’re always looking for passionate people who want to make a difference. Our available career opportunities, both paid and volunteered, are listed below. If you’re interested in joining our team, please reach out!
Work with Activus
Interested in a career that makes a difference?
An exciting new volunteer program is starting at Activus called BuddyUp. As a ‘Buddy’ you will provide a warm and engaging experience to Activus customers through companionship, support and assistance whilst engaging in social and/or personal appointments.
Buddies, may accompany customers to outings, shopping centres, medical appointments, and personal engagements or simply visit them at home for a coffee and a chat, play a board game, or do a crossword in accordance with the customers’ needs and wishes.
In order to be a Buddy you will need to be patient and caring and have good communication skills. You will need a supportive attitude and discretion. It is important to be physically fit, have a good work ethic and time management skills.
Please click here for a copy of our position description and if you think this role sounds like something you’d love to know more about – Give our volunteer recruiter, Kylie a call on 8555 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Driver Vacancy
We are seeking volunteer drivers to work any day between Monday to Friday to transport clients to medical and social activities.
Applicant requirements include:
- Current, clean C Class driver’s license.
- Ability to quickly adapt to driving all vehicles in the fleet.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to assist clients.
- Knowledge of WHS procedures.
- Empathy and caring disposition.
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to work with frail aged and people with a disability.
- A Medical assessment and criminal records checks will apply.
- LR License.
- Current NSW Bus Drivers Authority.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Manual handling experience.
If this sounds like you and you’d love to make a difference email email@example.com for more information or call 8555 0000
Activus provides an efficient, effective, easily accessible and affordable transport service that meets the needs of the frail, aged, people with a disability and transport disadvantaged residents of the Sutherland Shire. Our premium personalised service in cars and small buses to destinations in the Shire, St George and other surrounding suburbs enables those to stay connected with their communities thereby reducing isolation.
Today, Activus Transport has over 6000 customers in the Sutherland Shire. We are a well-respected and regarded leader for community transport in the Shire, working to the highest standard, including the Aged Care Quality Standards.
Working with Activus Transport means you embody our philosophy, our caring persona and our goals of an efficient, effective, easily accessible and affordable transport service.
Qualifications & experience
- Safe and experienced driver
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Well-developed people and relationship skills with proven ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment
- Excellent administration skills including electronic communications, computer programs, numeracy/literacy and basic office administration
- Knowledge of the community sector and the general needs relevant to the customers, as they apply to the role
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the organisation’s objectives, goals, policies and procedures
- Proven experience within a customer focused environment
- Clean drivers license
- An LR licence or above is highly desirable
Tasks & responsibilities
- Drive allocated vehicles in a safe and timely manner
- Assist Customers wherever needed post and pre transport;
- Provide Customers with product and service information;
- Ensure the Customer experience is positive and that the service exceeds customer expectations;
- Maintain a clean and tidy vehicle at all times and update log books and run sheets, at the end of each day
- Maintain a clean driving record and keep abreast with the current road rules
- Safely perform loading and unloading of walkers or mobility devices, including wheelchairs where trained and authorised to do so
- Undertake or attend mandatory training and meetings as required
- Abide by Activus policies and procedures;
- Onsite parking
- Uniform Supplied
- Salary Sacrifice
- Flexible working conditions
Please click here to apply